CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 7, 2011

~Fabric flowers

If you read my last post, you know that I'm a hopeless Pinterest junkie.  But I cannot help it!  All these wonderful ideas from extremely talented people.  What's not to love?

So, my infinity t-shirt scarf is a hit.  I love it!  But I wanted to try a little somethin' somethin' to make it "mine".  I saw these floating around Pinterest on clips and headbands and  purses....

This tutorial (perfect instructions!) can be seen @ http://blairpeter.typepad.com/weblog/2006/03/fabric_flowers.html . I'm telling y'all... this was so easy to make! She even gives you a printable template. Here's mine...


I followed her directions and I decided to place a button in the middle.  (I love buttons...).  Then, to add some bling, I strung loops of beads on top of the button.  Just strung and strung until I liked it!  Here's another...


So.... have you guessed where I found the material?


Haha!  I just had to take a picture of this.  I hacked the junk out of this t-shirt!  After I cut the hem off the bottom, then cut straight across from armpit to armpit (the part used for the scarf), I had this left over.  Yep, I agree.  Perfect fabric for flowers.

These were our Church Camp t-shirts.  As you can see, cut from armpit to armpit.  But still lots of usable material.  Ta-da!

I am a believer in using what you have.  No need to go out and buy lots of supplies!  Look around for a minute and you'll find soooo much to work with!  By the way... on the blue flower, I used magnets on the back.  On the grey flower, I used a regular pin from a holiday pin that I no longer wear.  So far, I'm really liking the magnets.  Makes no holes and if they are strong, they don't move an inch! Hmmm.... I'm telling you.  Look around! :)
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love the materials that you used for this project. The fabric flowers turned out looking great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails